Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Spritz Cookies and The Cookie Press



I finally figured out how to use my cookie press! A cookie press is another tool used to form cookies through a tube and a selected disk, as opposed to rolling out dough and using a cookie cutter to cut out the desired shape. Whichever method you choose is up to you.

My friend Shirel invited me over to teach her how to use her cookie press since I recently bought mine and finally figured out how to properly use it! I bought mine through The Pampered Chef, and the one my girlfriend had at her place was from Michael's.

The recipe we used (above) came with Shirel's Cookie Press called Cookie Max. It is a basic Spritz Cookie Recipe. (Always close your eyes when adding the butter!)

Pictured above are most of the ingredients we used to make the Spritz Cookies.

Don't you just love sugar and butter?!

The cookie press makes each cookie turn out equal in size and creates a nice design.



A few coloured sprinkles for an added touch!

Thanks to Shirel's kids who helped decorate!

TIPS: We learned a lot about using the press....

-Put the baking trays in the freezer to chill about 5-10 minutes before baking. This provides a similar surface as a cold stone.

-Place cookie press at a 90 degree angle so that the lip of it, is like a suction on the cookie sheet. This will allow you to squeeze the trigger and hear two clicks as the dough forms into the shape of the chosen cookie.
-Use parchment paper or wax paper to keep cookies in one piece when transferring from cookie sheet to a plate or a container.

5 comments:

  1. For those of us who dont bake - what exactly is a cookie press?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read the first paragraph at the top Jen...or click the link to The Pampered Chef Website!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Been looking over (well, drooling over, truth be told) your posts. YUM! I'm glad I came upon this one becuase I had meant to talk to my SIL about doing press cookies this year when we do our annual baking-48 hours of Christmas baking....heaven! Anyway, I had completely forgotten about it, but now have a post it note reminder.

    (I came over from Bakerella's site, a big CONGRATS on the proposal. Rich definitely sounds like a great guy!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are a must bake in my family for Christmas. We add green food coloring for trees and red food coloring for poinsettas. My Mom used to make them in October and hide them in the freezer which of course, we would sneak for the next two months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look just like my Bubie's cookies!

    ReplyDelete