Search This Blog

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies

Half brownie, half chocolate chip cookie...how can you go wrong?

As soon as one of my students brought these squares to school as a treat for her birthday, I immediately needed the recipe. Since I couldn't wait, I decided to create my own recipe. This is possibly the simplest recipe that I have ever made...it is also very delicious and very addictive!

What you will need to make these chewy, yummy, sweet, Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies:

-1/2 log of Pillsbury refrigerated cookie dough (or homemade cookie dough which would be even better!)
-1 store bought brownie mix (eggs, oil, water, or homemade brownie mixture)
-8" x 8" square baking pan
-mini muffin tins 

 
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8 x 8" baking pan with cooking spray. Split a log of Pillsbury cookie dough in half (as only half is needed for this recipe).  Refrigerate or freeze other half.  Break 1/2 log of cookie dough into small pieces and place 3/4 into the pan as seen above. Reserve 1/4 of the pieces for later. Don't worry about the size or shape of the dough because everything will blend together in the oven.

 
In a large mixing bowl, combine all required ingredients to make brownies. Or, if preferred, add eggs, water and oil to a store bought brownie mix. Pour brownie mix into pan over cookie dough.


  Top with remaining cookie dough.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from pan.

Cut into squares and serve in mini muffin tins. 

I dare you to try not to eat any along the way.  Don't tell Rich...I ate about six. They were so good!

They also freeze well. Store in an air-tight container.  Remove from freezer 2-3 hours before serving. 

Enjoy...I certainly did!

8 comments:

  1. That's too funny! I made these for a Chanuka party using Bakerella's recipe...they were sooooo yummy!
    www.bakerella.com/thaaank-you-betty/

    I thought her recipe was easy-peasy, but thanks to the log of cookie dough, your recipe is even simpler (I didn't think that was possible)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are the most delicious things I think I have ever seen! Keep me in mind as a taste tester :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I am going to make these very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, this is probably one of the only recipes of yours that I can actually take on. Store bought cookie dough - check! Store bought brownie mix - check! Thanks for thinking of the domestically challenged ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to post one recipe for all of you who really want to make something from my blog but always complain that you can't because there are too many steps or too many ingredients. This is it! Take all of the credit and tell everyone that "you" made it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, these look incredible! I will definitely put this on my "must try" list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow ms razmov your soo good u should have ur own tv show or post ur recipes on utube!!!! anyways i hope u have....A) a good sumer, B)Have a good wedding C) have a good honeymoon
    ps.... greece is sooo cool u should go to the tunnels that have stalet might and stalet tight ! please,please trust the girls ms r because to have kids.... :P but l8r...:D yay!!! tee hee. by the way this is delarom and email me 4 what day we... have to help(girls) deli0722@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ummmmm awesome!
    well done. this will definitely be my next i-totally-cheated-and-used-a-box-but-wont-tell-you potluck contribution ;)

    ReplyDelete