Search This Blog

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Tree Cookies

Merry Christmas!

I made these cookies a few weeks ago for some gifts for the holidays, using my new tree cutter. Just pipe.
And flood...
For the recipe that I use to make royal icing, click here.
To decorate the trees, be as creative as you like with candy and sprinkles! To adhere the silver dragees, I used tweezers to immediately place each one onto the wet flood. The flooded icing acts as glue to hold the candies in place. For the larger candy balls, I used my hands to place each one.

To package these gifts, I bought some silver cookie containers and styrofoam balls. First, I wrapped the ball in green tissue paper and poked a reindeer cake pop into the middle. To learn how to make Reindeer Cake Pops, click here.

Next, I leaned three cookies against the stick of the cake pop.

Finally, I wrapped each package in clear cellophane.
My gifts were complete.
Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

  1. How adorable! I still haven't mastered the piping/flooding on sugar cookies. My piping is usually way too thick or thin, and then I always overflow the borders with my flood. At least for now I can just enjoy looking at your beautiful cookies and hope for a Christmas miracle when it comes to my piping skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel,
    I have a question... what kind of rolling pin do you use?!?!
    Thanks so much!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate,
    I use a black KitchenAid rolling pin with handles.
    Melissa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute way to package such lovely cookies. Great gift! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa,
    I'll have to check it out. I assume it's a silicone covered one. I have a heavy stainless steel one, and it's just not working for me, I managed 4 batches of sugar cookies and 2 of gingerbread, purely because I followed your recommendation of using parchment paper to roll the cookies out.

    I've been making sugar cookies for years and I am kicking myself for not having done this sooner. It makes for a much easier clean up. My kitchen table, counter and I, used to be covered in flour, but not this year!

    Thanks Mel!

    ReplyDelete