Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cupcakes with Mini Cookie Toppers

Congratulations to one of my oldest and best friends Joelle, on the birth of her second baby boy! I brought these cupcakes to Issie's bris this summer. Issie is Rowan's brother. Remember when I made these cookies for Rowan's first birthday? They were yummy!

But back to the cupcakes I made to celebrate Issie's birth....To make these cupcakes, I used my favourite chocolate cupcake recipe.  You already know how much I like the Ghirardelli one!
I used Wilton colors to colour this icing blue, although it does look a little turquoise, doesn't it?

After piping the buttercream icing onto each cupcake, I added a cute little sugar cookie on an angle. As soon as I bought these mini baby cutters (from a dollar store near my house!) I knew that they would be the perfect size to use as cupcake toppers. I also used these cutters when I made these cookies

I loved the colors! And the sweetness of the icing, the cookies and the cake...Milk please!


Yes, I am holding baby Issie.  He is soooooo cute! Just look at his tiny toes and feet!
Mazel tov Joelle and Adam!

2 comments:

  1. Issie is adorable. Congratulations to Joelle and Adam. Your cupcakes are so cute and you have a great deal of patience to decorate all those little tiny cookie toppers.

    P.S. You and Joelle look like sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! you're back! you're decorating has improved a lot!

    ReplyDelete